Thursday, March 18, 2010

the time traveler's wife

Wow, it's been a really long time. But after The Lovely Bones, I picked up The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I've gotten through a lot of it but really it's about a man, Henry, who has a unique genetic disorder taking him back or forward in time. Usually, he goes back to when his wife, Clare, was little or their life together in the future. Although he can time travel, Henry has no way of preventing events from happening--like his mother dying in a car accident when he was six or "cheating" on Clare. You can say he sees his life twice or even several times re-living amazing and horrible times. It's not a science fiction book, as some people have asked, and is a good read for anybody because the story is told from Clare and Henry's point of view about their ambivalence towards his time traveling.

1 comment:

  1. I like the synopsis. You pick books that are current but also have some depth, and you obviously understand them. What I'd like to see is what you think about the books. If I wanted to know the story I would read them myself (not that I am very interested in The Time Traveler's Wife), but I am looking for your opinions regarding what you read. Otherwise, you're extremely well-written and your grammar is impeccable. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete